Our theme this year is Literacy, but the beauty of edcamp is that the topics for discussion are up to the attendees. Even if you teach math or science, you should feel comfortable attending. It's also our belief that literacy is the foundation upon which many subjects are built, so everyone should be involved! Potential topics for discussion might include:
- techniques for promoting reading and writing in your classroom
- methods of making spelling and vocabulary fun
- activities to integrate math, science, and social studies into your ELA block
- technology to enhance your instruction or give students access to high-quality resources and tools for school success
- ideas for how to teach students to be information literate
But again, these are just suggestions. What would you like to learn about?
Why do I need to register for a free event?
We'd just like to know who we can expect to see that morning, and how many cups of coffee will be consumed. You also will be receiving Continuing Education Units for attending, so we need to have a general estimate of how many certificates to create.
Of course you are welcome to show up that morning if you forget to register, or if you decide at the last minute that edcamp sounds like a fantastic way to spend a Saturday.